Thursday, January 20, 2011

never doubt the power of prayer

So…here’s the latest:

Last night was scary, to say the least. Even with the faith God has instilled in my spirit, I was scared. I trust that God has a good plan, but sometimes He makes decisions for our lives that are beyond our understanding; I was not sure what the night was going to bring. Mike was so pale. I went in to visit him and he did not know who I was at first. He was also having trouble seeing out of his left eye from the swelling and pressure in his brain. He could not stay awake for more than a few seconds at a time and his body was jerking violently. I stayed with him for a little while, just to hold his hand and speak into his spirit. I kept telling him that his mind & spirit is stronger than his physical body and I believe in him and the power of God in him. Although he did not acknowledge my words, I knew that he could hear me. It was a brief, fuzzy soul mate feeling I don’t think I have ever experienced to that level. I left the room with peace in my heart, believing in my husband and trusting God.
As I have checked Facebook, emails and text messages, I have been completely overwhelmed by all of the support we are receiving. I am absolutely amazed. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have literally received hundreds of messages of encouragement and prayers from all over the world over the last 24 hours. Every prayer is heard and so appreciated. It touches me so deeply to hear people say that they do not normally pray, but that they are praying for us now. It is such a beautiful thing to be witness to and a part of. We are truly honored by each and every one.
Now for the good news… Mike looks like a completely different man today. His color has returned, his body is maintaining blood counts on its own and his platelet count is up to 54 at their last check. He was entirely alert during every conversation and shows excellent neurological function. The nurse was astounded by his progress over night. She said that this NEVER happens with patients in his condition. Everyone who enters his room says there is such a peace that is not experienced often in the critical care unit. Mike seemed back to himself, joking and laughing with the staff. It was such a refreshing sight; there are not even words to describe. I stand amazed by this incredible fighter, determined to see the glory of God fulfilled in his life & I am so privileged to be by his side. He went this evening for a CT scan to check the bleeding in his brain, as he is still having trouble with his vision. He is also going to be seen by the GI medical team to investigate whether there is internal bleeding in his GI tract. We are praying for good results to these exams and for Mike’s eyesight to return 100%. He is still being held in the critical care unit, but as he continues at this pace, he will be transferred back to a normal floor. We are not in the clear yet, but I am believing that we will be very soon. Tonight his mom and I are camped out in the waiting room – expecting to hear more good news in the morning. She is falling asleep now, singing peacefully. :-)
I attribute Mike’s recovery to all of the prayers that bombarded heaven last night and today and the amazing grace of a loving God. Please do not stop praying. Your prayers are being heard and answered!! I cannot thank you enough for the outpouring of love we have received. I can’t wait to share all of your messages with Mike so that he can see how loved he is all over the world. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! We appreciate all of you more than you know!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I'm a friend of Leanne's and read your blog when she linked it to FB. What a miracle!! I'll continue to pray for Mike and your family and look forward to hearing more updates!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete