Tuesday, November 1, 2011

coming home :)

Hello everyone!

I know it has been a while since out last update, so I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know how we are doing.

Zack has started high school and played JV football on top of taking 4 honors classes & continuing his rigorous dance schedule. His football team is going to the championship game this week and if they win, they will be first place in the west side of our district (which includes every team they have played against this season). He has been extremely busy and devoted to all he has going on!

Jadeyn started cheerleading this year and has absolutely loved it. She has done one competition and has another upcoming this weekend and a cheer-off the following weekend. She has also continued with her dance schedule and has adjusted very well at school.

I have been doing well. I have my moments that I miss Mike so terribly, but I grow stronger every day. I do not completely understand why things have happened this way, but I trust that there is a plan for our lives and that it is GOOD! I look forward to what is ahead for each of us and how our experiences can influence and build up others around us. We approach each new day with a positive attitude from the perspective of remaining thankful for all of the many wonderful blessings that still surround us.

So here is the latest:

I have decided to move back to MD with the kids. It was given much consideration and we are all in agreement that this is what Mike would have wanted and it is what is best for each of us and as a family. It has been very emotional just processing all of the changes in my mind and preparing to pack up the house where Mike and I shared so many moments. After a run of certain events, we feel the best time to move will be at Christmas; yes, THIS Christmas. We have 7 weeks to sort, organize, prepare, pack and go. We will be moving in with Mike’s parents and the kids will attend HdG public schools. I will be looking for a job, hopefully in the same field that I am experienced, so if anyone knows of a company that is hiring around ~$42,000+ salary, please consider recommending me. I will also be looking for a good dance studio to enroll the kids. It will be extremely hard to find a studio to compare with our KDA family here, but I am open to suggestions. We will be driving up the week before Christmas and then I am going to fly back mid-January to move our furniture and put it in storage. This has been a HUGE decision and was not taken lightly. I have really had to take so many things into consideration, but once I made it final, I felt so peaceful. I am very confident that this is the best thing for us. It is hard to close a chapter of my life and let go of some things, but in many respects, I feel that it is time to move on. I am excited about what is ahead for me and the kids and the future that awaits us. Because of our faith in Jesus Christ, we know that we are going to see Mike again and eventually, we will rejoice with him for all eternity. For now, I am going to enjoy what is left of my time here on Earth and do my best to honor the legacy he has left behind. Mike inspired so many beautiful things in me and I will live to fulfill each one of them as he would have wanted me to; as I hope each one of you do also. Please continue to keep us in prayer as we make this transition and if there is any way you would like to help, please see our requests below. As always, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your continual love, support & encouragement!! I love you ALL!!!

Lots of people are asking how they can help, so here are our needs:

FL friends:
Sorting, packing, cleaning, runs to Goodwill, etc from now thru Dec
As many people as possible to help load the moving truck mid-January
Someone to check my mail after we move and forward items to me
Help running the kids to dance classes so I can pack!
LOTS of love and support!!!

MD friends:
Help finding a reputable/competition dance studio
Help finding a job (Exp. is Executive Asst)
Help look for local storage in HdG and compare pricing
A crew to help unload the moving truck and load storage mid-Jan (NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE!!) ;-)

ANYONE ANYWHERE:
Prayer!!
Winter clothes and jackets/boots/accessories for the kids (Jade - size 12, Zack – mens medium)
Gas cards for our moving trip(s) – we have to bring up 2 cars and a moving truck
Restaurant gift cards to help transition (pizza is great on the run!)
Southwest airfare credits to fly back & forth during transition
If you know anyone with moving truck discounts, please forward them along. I will probably need at least a 26’ truck

No comments:

Post a Comment