Wednesday, July 22, 2009

quick little update

Mike went for blood work with morning and his platelets were at 138! :)

We also had some answered prayer with the SSA and Medicaid. At first no one would help me and I was getting a complete run around - after waiting two hours at SSA I was told that I have to do everything when I get back to FL and I could not get anything done or even started in the state of MD since I am not a resident. Then suddenly the sky parted and God's favor fell from heaven. They got me in for an appointment that afternoon (which normally takes a few weeks to schedule) and the nicest guy hooked me up with everything I needed to process Mike's application for disability benefits. He said that it normally takes 180 days for a decision, but my application would go through as a "QDD" and I could have a response by the end of this week! He also faxed all of my paperwork to FL Medicaid office for me. The next morning, I got a call from Medicaid saying they received the fax and explained that we are eligible for benefits and although there is a "share of cost" associated, they will help us to cover many of his medical bills. :) THANK GOD! And thanks to all of you for your prayers!! GOD IS LISTENING AND THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING!! These things dont just happen coincidentally. I know that with all of your prayers bombarding heaven, God must be faithful to move on them. We appreciate each one of you so much! Each prayer is so precious and I truly believe that each time you pray, you are opening the door for God to bless YOUR life and YOUR family as well. Prayers are seeds - and they will always bring a harvest, in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment