Friday, August 20, 2010

not the best news ... :(

Well… it’s been a long day. We had an appointment today to get the results of Mike’s most recent bone marrow biopsy. Not exactly the news we were hoping for… His doctor said that he has had a relapse and the leukemia has come back. She is grateful that it was caught fairly early and the cells are only at 15%. This next week he will start a 4 week intense chemo regimen that will (hopefully) kill the leukemia cells and get him into remission. Once a bone marrow biopsy confirms that he has less than 5% cells, he will go in for immediate transplant.
I’m just going to be real… I have no idea how to do this. I don’t know how God thinks we are strong enough to go through another year of this nightmare. Mike has been just starting to feel good and we were just starting to get into a normal lifestyle. We just got the kids set up for home-schooling and now I am going to have to completely re-adjust their schedule and go back to life at a hospital and seeing Mike suffer even longer… I feel like everything is just starting all over again, like last summer. Part of me wants to be so angry and cry and scream and yell… but I know that is not going to help Mike… and it’s not going to help me or the kids. Through all this I still have faith in a God that is bigger than all of it. I know that Mike will pull through and eventually we will be able to put all of this behind us. I so look forward to those days!!
Right now, we really need prayers…lots of them! Specifically, please pray that this chemo phase will put him into a full remission, that we will find the money to get his dental work done, that we will find an insurance company that will give us a policy because his Cobra expires in November; please pray that there will be NO complications through the transplant process (including divine protection from graft-host disease), that Mike will stay strong and that somehow we all keep our sanity, peace, joy and faith through everything.
Much love and thanks to everyone who has been such an encouragement and support since the very beginning. I have a feeling that we are really going to need everyone to pull together for us over the next few months.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy & Mike, I am saddened by this news. I pray for healing & for strength for you guys. God's plan does not always make sense to us and you can feel defeated at times. Just know that you have a lot of people praying for you. I would love to bring some food over for you. I am also available to help out with your kids whenever needed. Hugs to you!! xoxo April

    ReplyDelete