Friday, February 19, 2010

needing refreshing

Well, I guess it’s that time again…it’s been a few weeks since my last update…

I won’t lie – it’s been rough. Mike completed his first full week in February without complications but developed huge canker sores in his mouth. He has been unable to chew, talk and sometimes even drink without a lot of pain. He is taking serious narcotics just to get through each day. He lost all of his hair (including his facial hair) but we are starting to see little sprouts coming back in. He is concerned that it is just going to fall out again with his March treatments, but I guess we will see. We still have not made a definite decision about the bone marrow transplant. If it were up to me, it would not even be considered any longer; but this is Mike’s decision and he is weighing it very carefully. I am trying to give him the time and support he needs to be clear on the direction he wants to proceed.
We are grateful for the extension that Obama signed giving us a continued break on the Cobra premiums, but that will only continue through July. At that time, his premium will go up to $1140/mo. We no longer qualify for Medicaid assistance now that Mike is receiving disability payments so our prescription and co-pay costs have been outrageous. We are still waiting for an answer from the bank regarding a loan modification on our mortgage – it has taken then 8 months to review our information and they keep telling us they will have an answer “soon”.

Please continue to pray for us. Our spirits need refreshing more than anything. There are very few things in this world that will take a person to the very edge of everything they are made up of – but cancer definitely has that effect. When we feel strong, it seems like nothing else really matters and we believe that it will all just fall into place as it is meant to. But when we are weak – it’s a challenge just to get through a day. I feel like the devil is working over-time to put us at odds against each other, making this so much more difficult….and making us feel like we are alone. When people stand together through times like this, it makes relationships stronger – where they can sustain anything that comes their way. I believe that is what God is developing in us… please pray that we will make it through all of this – united.

Thank you for your continual support. <3

Psalm 121
I look up to the mountains; where does my help come from?
My strength comes from God, the God who made heaven and earth
He won't let me stumble,
The Lord who keeps me will not slumber or sleep
The Lord is my Keeper, He is right beside me – protecting me
Shielding me through the day, sheltering me at night
GOD guards me from every evil, he guards my very life.
He guards me when I leave and when I return,
He guards me now, He guards me always…even forevermore

No comments:

Post a Comment