Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1 update - back at the hospital tonight

Today I am writing from the hospital. I’m not gonna lie – it’s been a rough week. It started with Mike’s counts being really low, so they have postponed chemo treatments until next week. He still has to go every day to get a neupogen shot and blood work. I had my dental surgery on Tuesday morning and everything went well, but I have been so disoriented. I have not been able to take the pain meds because I have to work and be able to take care of the kids, so I just push through with the pain. I had a root canal, 2 crowns, 5 fillings and they had to remove a root tip from a previous extraction. I have 3 stitches, so I can barely open my mouth. Mike’s head aches have been getting worse as the week progressed so they ordered him to come in again, this evening. They are concerned about internal bleeding because his platelets are so low – they just want to make sure his brain is clear. They also said they may have to do a blood patch from where he has had so many spinal taps.
My back has been in distress this week – it’s yelling at me to get back into physical therapy, which I have been putting off due to a hectic schedule. I saw my regular doctor earlier this week and she is on top of me about making it a priority. I will…tomorrow. I guess this is a plea for prayers. We are both so exhausted and just really hoping for good results tonight so that we can go home and sleep in our own beds. I will update everyone again if anything happens.

On a brighter side, it is October (:-D yay!) and the weather is really taking a nice turn in Tampa. I love the crisp air in the mornings and evenings. It has worked wonders in lifting our spirits throughout this week. Also, with our Bullroast right around the corner, we are SO excited to see many of our MD friends and family!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO IS ORGANIZING AND COORDINATING IT – I know it has consumed the lives of my closest friends/family up there. If you are able, please come out and say hi – you can email Angie for tickets (
anjers@comcast.net). We would love to see you there!!

Thanks again to everyone…much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment